MARVEL WARS
This site is rated +17, mainly for RP freedom. Please be mature and responsible with this. Any excessive and uncalled for sexual material or gore will result in a banning.

~Black Phoenix
MARVEL WARS
This site is rated +17, mainly for RP freedom. Please be mature and responsible with this. Any excessive and uncalled for sexual material or gore will result in a banning.

~Black Phoenix
MARVEL WARS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MARVEL WARS

War.. The world is demanding those with super powers to give up their names and identities, they demand it! Some people agree with this, some don't. Some are still trying to find where they stand. Where do you stand? This is where you find out..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Character Template and Help
Character Template and Help I_icon_minitimeby PuppetMaster Mon May 19, 2014 8:21 pm

» Emil Calder
Character Template and Help I_icon_minitimeby PuppetMaster Tue May 13, 2014 5:27 am

» "Dream Goblin"
Character Template and Help I_icon_minitimeby PuppetMaster Tue May 13, 2014 5:26 am

» The Black Hand
Character Template and Help I_icon_minitimeby PuppetMaster Tue May 13, 2014 5:23 am

» Noctuam (Modecai Wayne)
Character Template and Help I_icon_minitimeby PuppetMaster Tue May 13, 2014 5:21 am

» Chocobo Paradise
Character Template and Help I_icon_minitimeby PuppetMaster Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:14 pm

» Public Pub!
Character Template and Help I_icon_minitimeby PuppetMaster Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:23 am

» Pet Shop WIP
Character Template and Help I_icon_minitimeby Gundam Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:00 am

» Skull Thread Castle
Character Template and Help I_icon_minitimeby PuppetMaster Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:02 am

Character Template and Help

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PuppetMaster
Admin
PuppetMaster

Character Template and Help Empty
PostSubject: Character Template and Help   Character Template and Help I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 5:43 am

Feel free to customize this Template, but be sure to include the information below.

Title[Character Level]: A name or nickname given to your character by the public or by himself.
Identity: The name that is on your character's driver's license. John Doe/Jane Doe.
Race: [Human, Meta-Human, or Mutant]

Alliance: [Lawful. Chatoic, Neutral]/[Good, Evil, Neutral.]
Side: [For, Against, Neutral.]

Theme and Traits:
Theme Name: [A basic idea for you're character.]
Trait Name(Trait Level): Description of what it does.

Appearance: A description or picture of how your character looks.

Back-Story:
What's your character's upbringing? How did he/she get his/her powers? What are the reasons your character is like he/she is?
Back to top Go down
https://marvel-wars.forumotion.com
PuppetMaster
Admin
PuppetMaster

PostSubject: Theme and Traits   Character Template and Help I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 1:20 pm

Themes and Traits

Themes are basic ideas for your character's powers. Guidelines for your characters traits.

And traits are required to relate to your theme in some way.

So if you choose the theme "Water Man" it doesn't makes sense for your character to use fire. And so he/she coudln't have the trait Pryo.
And no, ice isn't covered by "Water Man" either.

Traits are meant to basically make up your theme.

The only limit to traits are they have to contribute to your theme in some way.  Other than that, there is hypothetically no limit to how many traits you take.

That said, you will not be able to do everything. And the admins reserve the right to deny any character that is getting to Swiss Army Knife(y).

In-Depth Trait Explanation

Trait Name: A trait is, by definition, "a distinguishing quality or characteristic". The trait name is just a way to simplify this trait. A trait can virtually be anything. But its not meant to completely summarize your theme.

Trait Level: Each trait gets a level. This is important for a couple of reasons. The level tells other's how strong you are in this ability. If two people with the trait "Strength" try to out match each other, then the one with the higher level of Strength wins. If its a tie, then neither are successful.

The trait level is also important because the trait can only go up to level 10. The way you level up traits is with Trait Points(TPs). The way you get TPs is by leveling up. So in a way, traits are also your levels.

Trait Points work like this: Basic trait, or a level one trait, always costs one TP. Basically you are leveling the trait from level 0 to level 1.
After that, each trait level requires an equal amount of TPs to the level minus one. [EX: Flight(Level 2) Requires Flight(Level 1) and + 1 TP to level up. Flight(Level 3) Requires Flight(Level 2 + 2 TPs. And so on.]

Level One character's start out with 7 TP(Trait Points). Unless you are starting out as a human and plan to RP a Meta-Human getting his powers, you are meant to use at least one of these TP at the beginning. As for the other 6, you may do with them as you wish. Spend them on other traits, level up one trait to the max of 4, - as 7 TP is exactly how many you'd need to do that - or you may save them up.

Trait Description

While this is pretty self-explained, I feel like i should include some thoughts.

The theme for your character can be as broad as you like, but Traits are meant to be the little details. Perhaps by saying this it will help players make their own trait scale.

Theme's like "Time Manipulation" are a bit more narrow than "Super Suit".

Time Manipulation would involve a separate trait for Forwards, Backwards, and Stopping. [Tempted to make an NPC now.] The character in question might also be smart, a math genius perhaps. So he can better manipulate time. But the character is way above average intelligence, then he wouldn't need a trait for this. This would be a characteristic you'd be roleplaying.

Super Suits can have a million different things to them. Each million thing, needs to be a trait though. Flight needs to be a separate trait from Gadgets. Gadgets need to have a reasonable level growth. Blah, blah, blah.

Miscellaneous Thoughts.

You are not going to be as strong as The Hulk starting out. The Hulk level of strength is your goal. (Actually a little stronger.) You shouldn't expect to be able to move mountains just starting out.

Spreading out your theme will give you more to do, more to strive for. We will only allow you to broaden your traits so much, but from past experience, its going to get really frustrating if you refuse to work with us on this. Capping out your trait will be faster with just one trait, but if your trait becomes a problem with the other players, then we will be forced to nerf it.

As for themes.. Please pick something that can be reasonably split into several categories.
Back to top Go down
PuppetMaster
Admin
PuppetMaster

PostSubject: Race   Character Template and Help I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 8:01 pm

There are three(3) races to pick from, and I guess I should explain that a little more.

Human

This means you are merely human. Without your gadgets, without your suit, without a weapon. You are powerless.

And to play a Human, you need something that is built or made to give you strength.

Meta-Human

This means you were born a human and then got powers afterwards. A radioactive spill, a bite from a special animal, a science experiment gone wrong. Any of these will work.

Mutant

This means you were born with powers. The ability to regenerate. The ability to walk through walls. Or the ability to change your shape.
Back to top Go down
PuppetMaster
Admin
PuppetMaster

PostSubject: Alliance   Character Template and Help I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 8:21 pm

I looked for a Marvel one, but didn't find one. I may make Wade do it.

You can also google Alliance Charts for other examples.

Good, Neutral, Evil

Pretty easy. Are your character's intentions good? Or Evil? Or in between?

Lawful, Neutral, Chaotic

A little more complicated. Does your character follow the rules, or make their own rules?

Neutral, Neutral

Easier to Label this as True Netral.

It means you have no alliance to good, evil, or the law, chaos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Template and Help   Character Template and Help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Template and Help
Page 1 of 1