MARVEL WARS
This site is rated +17, mainly for RP freedom. Please be mature and responsible with this. Any excessive and uncalled for sexual material or gore will result in a banning.

~Black Phoenix
MARVEL WARS
This site is rated +17, mainly for RP freedom. Please be mature and responsible with this. Any excessive and uncalled for sexual material or gore will result in a banning.

~Black Phoenix
MARVEL WARS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MARVEL WARS

War.. The world is demanding those with super powers to give up their names and identities, they demand it! Some people agree with this, some don't. Some are still trying to find where they stand. Where do you stand? This is where you find out..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Character Template and Help
New York Square I_icon_minitimeby PuppetMaster Mon May 19, 2014 8:21 pm

» Emil Calder
New York Square I_icon_minitimeby PuppetMaster Tue May 13, 2014 5:27 am

» "Dream Goblin"
New York Square I_icon_minitimeby PuppetMaster Tue May 13, 2014 5:26 am

» The Black Hand
New York Square I_icon_minitimeby PuppetMaster Tue May 13, 2014 5:23 am

» Noctuam (Modecai Wayne)
New York Square I_icon_minitimeby PuppetMaster Tue May 13, 2014 5:21 am

» Chocobo Paradise
New York Square I_icon_minitimeby PuppetMaster Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:14 pm

» Public Pub!
New York Square I_icon_minitimeby PuppetMaster Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:23 am

» Pet Shop WIP
New York Square I_icon_minitimeby Gundam Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:00 am

» Skull Thread Castle
New York Square I_icon_minitimeby PuppetMaster Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:02 am

New York Square

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PuppetMaster
Admin
PuppetMaster

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 8:45 pm

Often the busiest place int the city, lots and lots of people are always walking about, laughing or chatting away. Tourist come here to point as they "ooh" and "ahh" the man-made structures that tower over everyone in existance. When it wasn't catering to parades or the New Year's Eve ball dropping down, it was just a lively place to be.
Back to top Go down
https://marvel-wars.forumotion.com
Scarlet

Scarlet

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:42 am

From the many people looking around and random tourists soting and gazing at the building a young adult with a camra could be seen, he was not really a tourist, just a random person in a sea of normal people. Or at least he felt normalhe always seemed to be diffrent in some ways, one being either in bets where it is just foolish to bet agsint him or in games of chance, same thing applys.

But he was here for something else, lifting the camra to his face he took a shoot. "snap...one picture...snap, two pictures" he said to himself, taking shots of the square as he looked at some of the people when he lowered his camra and grumbled to himself. "I know this is suposed to be a job but serouslsy...this is boaring, every one either comes to the square or to see the 'Lady' when in new york, get some originality people..."

Doing a bored job for someone that needed pictures of the square he contnued to take pictures, only becuase his mom said he could not gamble any more after bringing home 500 dollars and telling her where he got it from, all made that same day of course, odd thing was she had no problem taking 200 of it and spending it on clothes for herself. At least she did get ehrself something nice, she really needs to get out more and start dating, plenty-O-fish in the sea.

Putting away the camra he stood still for a moment, just to look around one last time as he made sure he was not in anyones way, lean on the wall, it helps. "finally done, hm, wonder what mom is making for dinner?" he said with a smile in a wonderloss tone, so with that he took his snap shots, and his time going away from the square, he had already been lucky enough to find a few dollars on the streets, thast rare in new york as it is, if she was not home then take out was the other option.
Back to top Go down
Gundam

Gundam

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:21 pm

Zexal heads to the nearest skyscraper and tries to test his Dream Glider. "This should work i have to test this out." Zexal jumped on the Glider and puts his foot on the button to move forward, in a quick flash he zooms around buildings and police stations. he twirls around the doughnut shop. "whoo hoo! this is awesome!" Zexal then stops and lands on a building and sends his Glider away. Time to test out my gadgets. Zexal sees a Air condition unit and uses it as a target. "GO! Drowsy bombs!" Zexal shoots Pillow shaped pumpkins that made a sound. "Drowsy...Drowsy." the bombs turned the air condition unit into scrap metal. "ha ha ha yes it worked soon i can work along with Captain America and spider man." Zexal then uses his Glider to land down into a dark eerie alley. "Better take my uniform off..." Zexal presses a button that would turn his clothing into a casual modern day persons clothing, he then removes his sleeping cap. "ah much better." he is wearing a jet black short sleeved shirt with blue jeans and black tennis shoes. Zexal then walks out of the alley and starts to walk down the side walk.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Scarlet

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:17 pm

Emil contnued on his way, the streets were alive and packed but he always looked up, mostly becuase he always saw soemthing mroe intresting when he looked to the sky. Weither it was spider man, superman, or some form of 'man' that could fly it was always a rush to see them, especially saving the human race like a buzzilion times. Looking though he noticed something, it was someone on a glider or some kind of flying machine, he was wizing past whiel everyone was busy tryign to get to work or something. Of course he was smiling, it was someone he never say before, maybe he would see him again during the day as he walked past an ally way soon after but almost steping on someone that was exiting it, appologizing to him as he put away something, not really caring what it was but just noticing it slighty "sorry about that, crowded as ussual" he pointed out as he cassualy contnued to walk.
Back to top Go down
Gundam

Gundam

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:15 am

Zexal sees the person in front of him. A man that looked somewhat of a tourist with a camera. "oh its okay...so you must be a tourist, mind if i join you?" Zexal said with a smirk. Zexal tempted to walk with the man. "so what brings you to the Big city?" Zexal said with a curious look. He then stretches his arms and legs looking across the street at the cars flying by.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Scarlet

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:36 am

Emil smiled a bit, looking at his camra he shoke his head as he tried to straiten it out for him "no no I'm not a tourist, just taking pic's of town square, I'm kinda forced to do this since my mom hates when I gamble or anything. As for what bring me here nothing much, what about you? do you stay around here?" He asked politely, brining up small talk was nothing really new to him, even if it was a person he just met as he put his camra into his side bag and held out his hand. "I'm Emil, nice to meet cha'"
Back to top Go down
Gundam

Gundam

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Zexal grabs his hand and shakes it. "nice ot meet you my name is Zexal and im doing fine." Zexal looks at his wtch then hearing a beeping sound on his watch. "whoops i been gone to long have to tend to my cat sorry!" Zexal runs of into the alley and switches into his gear and signals his dream glider to the alley. he make sure no one is behind him and he jumps on his pillow shaped aircraft and dashes of into the clouds. "what would iron man want now?"
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Scarlet

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:08 pm

Not really getting much of a say in when he left so quickly he could only turn around and give a solumn wave to him as he left. "uh...bye Zeal, see ya around" He said, going back to what he was doing, looking up at the sky again. Once more seeing that man flying in the sky as he gave a content sigh "wonder what its like to be up there, on top of the clouds and byond..." he said as he walked, soon stumbling on something, it was 20 dollars, pickign it up quickly he smiled and put it away happlys "Sweet! I ndded some extra money, guess I dont really need to turn in these pictures yet haha!" He was happy nce more, this distracting his thoughts from the man flying away for a moment as he began heading around.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Scarlet

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 12:32 am

Walking along the busy streets of new york Emil seemed to be content but aware, he knew people got mugged around this time but it never happened ot him. Still he would keep his eye out just to protect Nelsha, looking to her he asked "Arn't you a little cold? it is pretty chilly out" he asked, she wasn't waring much so he was wondering if she was ok. As they walked however a woman that was standing near the very corwded cross walk was being shoved a bit by the number of people there, soon she was pushed out into the very busy street as cars were coming. Both Nelsha and himself were close by but they needed to react soon to it as Emil saw it first, breaking way from Nelsha to go to the woman who was on the ground, trying to get up as the cars came.
Back to top Go down
Korinara

Korinara

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:07 am

As they walked Nelsha was humming to herself it had been such a good day so far, and so far the evening was nice to, as they walked Emil asked her if she was cold and she looked at him "hmmm?...n...n..no Nelsha isn't cold but thank you for asking, I...I..I think it's just Nelsha is used to walking into the fridge at work is all" she stammered a bit as she lied a bit she just didn't want him to think she was weird. then Emil suddenly dashed into the street and Nelsha was confused for a moment then seen why, a woman had apparently been knocked into the street, and Emil was going to try and get her, Nelsha didn't waste a moment, and ran after him he got there first, but nelsha was worried he wouldn't get out of the way in time and instead of trying to help the woman up she grabbed both the woman and Tried to grab Emil transfering the energy her body had been storing and converting some of the Chemical energy from her meal before and the popcorn and pop at the theater into kinetic energy as she used it top move the woman tossing her with one arm back towards the sidewalk and trying to do the same to Emil to keep him safe.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Scarlet

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:43 am

Picking up the woman Emil was pretty quick to react on things but he had not notcied Nelsha behind him and pratically felt soemone give him a leverage toss to teh side walk. Not expecting it as the car that was coming sworved and came to a stop right when Nelsha threw him, it would hit her side however at about 15 miles per-hour, enough to knock a nromal person on there butt as its like getting hit by a foot ball player. Thanks to his luck she was fine and as he hit the side of the street the cars behind that one also came to a screeching halt as Emil graoned a bit from hitting his can's but he was fine and so was the woman as he got up and put her down. Talking to her as she seemed to be very greatly and happy to be rescued, turning around he saw that traffic stoped but he coudl see Nelsha was the one that got him out of the way as he looked to her to see if she was alright.
Back to top Go down
Korinara

Korinara

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 2:09 am

Nelsha didn't even budge when the car hit her as she absorbed the energy, she looked over at Emil to worried about him and the woman to even pretend to be hurt from the hit, she ran over and looked at him "a...are you okay?" she asked the two of them a look of worry on her face
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Scarlet

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 2:14 am

Emil was a lot more worried about her as a few people saw that the car at least made contact with her but she looked to be fine, Emil was worried as well but he saw that she was more or less ok. "I'm fine, and um the lady is fine too but are you ok Nelsha? The car seemed to stop right on time for it to kinda not hurt you by the looks of it but I dont know..." he said as he exmaiend her, making sure she was ok but he saw no wounds and no realy marks so he was stumped.
Back to top Go down
Korinara

Korinara

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 2:19 am

Nelsha got a bit startled when Emil pointed out why everyone was staring and she did finally notice that they where "N..Nelsha guesses it stopped in time..Nelsha only felt a bump...he probably had good breaks" she said looking at him and the woman "are..are you two okay? really okay?" she said looking over the two of them and then blushing even more as she realized she had used one hand on each of them to bodily toss them over here...which...might have been a bad Idea...but she had panicked and didn't want ether of them injured.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Scarlet

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 2:32 am

Emil began to move the subject of attention away from Nelsha, knowing that she didn't want to much attention as the man was out of his car, listening. He was glad no one was hurt, he didn't notice that his car actually hit her in a way but if she said it was only a bumb he wouldn't complain as he went back into his car to get it out of the way. "Were fine, really we are, just glad everyone is alright but you really are strong, pushing me like that I nearly felt like I was flying haha but I think this is over for now." He siad as teh woman came over and hugged them both for helping her, unable to repay them for there kindness as she picked up her bag and thanked them once more "Thank you both, I dont know what would ahev happened if you both didn't help me" She siad as she was going to go now, the crowd dispursing as the event seemed to subside.
Back to top Go down
Korinara

Korinara

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 2:47 am

she blushed even more as Emil brought up the whole her being strong thing, she was already naturally strong, at least stronger then she looked anyway, but she had also augmented the movement with the kinetic energy she had converted, and she was now slowly converting the energy from the car hitting her into chemical energy to replace what she used to move Emil and the woman like that, technically nothing was lost but her body was still telling her she now had an empty stomach which she probably did after that conversion, "Nelsha was scared...Maybe Adrenalin helped Nelsha?" it was true that adrenalin could help with things like that after all, granted maybe not to that extent, but still.

Nelsha then looked at the woman "Nelsha....Nelsha really didn't do anything, she almost got hurt herself...but..Nelsha is glad your okay" she was quite happy that they both where okay, and that no one really got hurt ether, she hugged the woman back and smiled, .
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Scarlet

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:15 am

Emil could understand the adrenalin thing, it made sence so he didn't dwell on it any longer, seeing the woman walk away he wished her safe travels as he went with nelsha again. "Well that was pretty scarey but at least no oen is hurt, lets go get that burger now, I think I feel a little hurngy again" he said, still pretty full of soda and popcorn he didn't mind eating a little more now.
Back to top Go down
Korinara

Korinara

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:20 am

Nelsha waved to the woman, and for the most part other people seemed to have bought the whole adrenalin thing so she relaxed a bit as Emil walked back to her and she smiled still just happy that he was okay "yes it was Nelsha was worried for you and her, Nelsha just glad no one got hurt" the smile on her face growin as she was fully relaxing again as he suggested they get going and she nodded "okay lead the way" the giggle escaping her kind of mingling with what she said as she walked with him once more and then her stomach made a loud grumbling sound from being empty making her blush out of embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
PuppetMaster
Admin
PuppetMaster

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 4:41 pm

[ Nelsha and Emil both gain 50 EXP each for saving a woman.

Notes:
Nelsha looses any and all absorbed/converted energy from previous threads.
Cars use force, not energy. Even with the argument that it was KE, it still had not yet been determined if it was more or less than level three. In any case you cannot stop a moving object by absorbing its KE. Result: Should have been "knocked on thier butt".
Also, you need to specify on you're CS that you chose Chemeical Energy for level 2 of conversion.]

*edit*
Physics intervention!
Apparently, you CAN stop an object by absorbing it KE. In fact, that's what walls do when an object hits them.

KE of a car going 15 mph

FORMULA FOR KE:
KE = 0.5 * m * v^2
(Or, 1/2 times mass times velocity squared)

SOLVE FOR MASS:
Car Weight: 4000lbs
lbs are bad, we need kg.

1kg = ~2.20 lbs
4000lbs/(2.20 lbs/kg)= ~1818kg
KG is WEIGHT, we need mass.

Weight = M * G
(Mass times Gravity.)

1818kg = M * (9.8m/s)
1818kg/9.8m/s = ~185.5kg*s/m

SOLVE FOR VELOCITY:
Velocity of car: 15mph
Miles per hour are bad. We need meters per second.

1 mile = ~1.6Km
15mph*1.6km/m= 24km/h

1km=1000m
24km/h*1000m/km=24,000m/h

1h=3600s
24000m/h*1h/3600s=~6.6m/s

SOLVE FOR KINETIC ENERGY
KE=.5*185.5kg*s/m*6.6m/s*6.6m/s
4040.19kg*m/s or 4040.19 joules

Phew.

What does that mean? Let's have some context.
Rough speed of a 9mm: 300m/s
Rough weight of a 9mm: 7.45g = 0.00745kg
Except we need MASS: 0.00745kg/(9.8m/s) =~ 0.00076kg*s/m
KE of a bullet: .5 * .00076kg*s/m * 300m/s * 300m/s = 34.2 kg*m/s or 34.2 joules

34.2 joules for a bullet vs 4040.19 joules for a car going 15mph.
This is why you can't stop a car, =P

Last edited by Black Phoenix on Tue May 07, 2013 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ForeverSeth says Math.)
Back to top Go down
PuppetMaster
Admin
PuppetMaster

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Art walked through a red heart that he painted on the side of a building clear across town. He painted a love murial upon the owner's request. Sometimes he was fortunate enough get work where he needed a new portal. He had many portals he could use right here in the Square, it was very convient. Art, with a classy grin on his face, strolled out from the alley his murial was located in and out onto the busy streets of New York. He desired a top hat and cain now, to match how he was feeling, but instead he hails a taxi and returns home, tipping the man who drives him a 20 dollar bill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New York Square Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Square   New York Square I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New York Square
Page 1 of 1